When Describing a Character
- provide enough detail to give the reader a sense of the character’s physical appearance
- highlight details that serve as clues to who the character is and perhaps what their life is like
- describe clothing to establish character or when relevant to scene
- go overboard with too many details or take up too much of the reader’s time describing one character
- repetitively describe features or fixate on certain characteristics
- describe clothing every time the character shows up unless its somehow relevant to the scene.
- describe minor characters’ clothing in-depth unless it’s relevant
Here’s a list of names and meanings:
- Camael - Angel of Joy
- Cassiel - Angel of Temperance
- Cathetel - Angel of the Garden
- Chamuel - Angel of Tolerance
- Charmeine - Angel of Harmony
- Charoum - Angel of Silence
- Cherubim - Angel of Wisdom
- Colopatiron - Angel of Liberation
- Dina - Angel of Learning
- Ecanus - Angel of Writers
- Elemiah - Angel of Inward Journeys
- Elijah - Angel of Innocence
- Ezekiel - Archangel of Death and Transformation
- Forcas - Angel of Invisibility
- Forfax - Angel of Astronomy
- Gabriel - Angelic Messenger
- Galgaliel - Angel of Vibration
- Gavreel - Angel of Peace
- Gazardiel - Angel of New Beginnings
- Haamiah - Angel of Integrity
- Hadraniel - Angel of Love
- Hael - Angel of Kindness
- Hamael - Angel of Dignity
- Hamaliel - Angel of Logic
- Hamied - Angel of Miracles
- Haniel - Angel of Harmonious Love
- Harachel - Angel of Knowledge
- Hayyel - Angel of Wild Animals
- Iahhel - Angel of Meditation
- Iofiel - Angel of Beauty
- Isda - Angel of Nourishment
- Israfel - Angel of Song
- Israfil - Angel of Judgment Day
- Izra’il - Angel of Health
- Jamaerah - Angel of Manifestation
- Jehoel - Angel of Presence
- Jophiel - Angel of Enlightenment
- Kakabel - Angel of the Moon
- Kutiel - Angel of Water
- Lailah - Angel of Conception
- Liwet - Angel of Inventions
- Machidiel/Malchediel - Angel of Courage
- Maion - Angel of Self-Discipline
- Manakel - Angel of the Oceans
- Melchisedek - Angel of Peace
- Metatron - Angel of Thought
- Micah - Angel of the Divine Plan
- Michael - Angel of Miracles
- Mihael - Angel of Loyalty
- Mihr - Angel of Friendship
- Mumiah - Angel of Longevity
- Munkir and Nakir - Angel of Justice
- Muriel - Angel of Emotions
- Nathaniel - Angel of Fire
- Nemamiah - Angel of Just Causes
- Nisroc - Angel of Freedom
- Omniel - Angel of Oneness
- Ongkanon - Angel of Communication
- Ooniemme - Angel of Gratitude
- Orifiel - Angel of the Forests
- Paschar - Angel of Vision
- Pistis Sophia - Angel of Creation
- Perpetiel - Angel of Success
- Qaphsiel - Angel of the Moon
- Raguel - Angel of God
- Ramiel - Angel of Thunder
- Rampel - Angel of Endurance
- Raphael - Angel of Healing
- Rashnu - Angel of Judgement
- Raziel - Angel of Mysteries
- Regina Angelium - Queen of the Angels hell yeah
- Rehael - Angel of Respect
- Remliel - Angel of Awakening
- Rhamiel - Angel of Empathy
- Sachael - Angel of Water
- Samandriel - Angel of Imagination
- Sammael - Angel of Souls
- Sandalphon - Angel of Power
- Sariel - Angel of Guidance
- Seraphiel - High Angelic Order
- Shekinah - Angel of Unity and Unconditional Love
- Shemael - Angel of Gratitude
- Shushienae - Angel of Purity
- Sofiel - Angel of Nature
- Soqed Hozi - Angel of Partnership
- Sraosha - Angel of Obedience
- Tabbris - Angel of Self Determination
- Trgiaob - Angel of Wild Birds
- Taharial - Angel of Purification
- Urim - Angel of Light
- Uriel - Angel of Creativity
- Uzziel - Angel of Faith
- Valoel - Angel of Peace
- Verchiel/Herchel - Angel of Affection
- Vohu Manah - Angel of Purity
- Vohamanah - Angel of Optimism
- Xaphan - Angel of Invention
- Yofiel - Angel of Divine Beauty
- Zacharael - Angel of Surrender
- Zadkiel - Angel of Prayer
- Zagzagel - Angel of Wisdom
- Zuphlas - Angel of Trees
- Zuriel - Angel of Harmony
Source: Names of Angels with Meaning
These are just some.
I WANT TO GOOGLE A SONG BUT ITS A SOUNDTRACK AND I DONT KNOW THE NAME OR THE MOVIE AND I CANT GOOGLE THE SPECIFIC NOTES I HATE MY LIFE
I AM CRYING THE FUTURE IS NOW
I DIDNT BELIEVE IT WOULD WORK BUT
MOTHER FUCKING SORCERY
I didn’t believe this…so I tried
tumblr has opened to my eyes to so many things
We tend to see these tutorials not in English so here is a fabulous Spandex over Foam Tutorial from Ruffle Butt Cosplay.
While the tutorial is made with Spandex, you can definitely use it with 2-way or 4-way stretch vinyl.
Here are pictures of cosplay armor using this method.
Photo: About.com | Manga
Photo: Cosplay.com | Goldy
BTW, this is Goldy. He popularized this method and is one of my cosplay idols. He creates workshops for this in Japan and is super nice. I met him in person and really wished I was able to take a picture with him. I hope our paths cross again!
Proof that 90% of the roleplayers on this site are actually
The spread of the black death.
Poland, tell us your secret.
Poland is the
If I remember correctly, Poland’s secret is that the jews where being blamed all over europe (as usual) as scapegoats for the black plague. Poland was the only place that accepted Jewish refugees, so pretty much all of them moved there.
Now, one of the major causes of getting the plague was poor hygiene. This proved very effective for the plague because everyone threw their poop into the streets because there were no sewers, and literally no one bathed because it was against their religion. Unless they were jewish, who actually bathed relatively often. When all the jews moved to Poland, they brought bathing with them, and so the plague had little effect there.
Milan survived by quarantining its city and burning down the house of anyone showing early symptoms, with the entire family inside it.
I reblogged this tons of times, but the Milan info is new.
Damn Italy, you scary.
Poland: “Hey, feeling a bit down? Have a quick wash! There, you see? All better”
Milan: “Aw, feeling a bit sick are we? BURN MOTHERFUCKER, BURN!!!!!”
Also, this might have something to do with it: from what I understand, O blood type is uncommonly… common in Poland. Something to do with large families in small villages and a LOT of intermarriage. The black plague was caused by a bacterium that produced, in its waste in the human body, wastes that very closely mimic the “B” marker sugars on red blood cells that keep the body from attacking its own immune system. Anyone who has a B blood type had an immune system that was naturally desensitized to the presence of the bacterium, and therefore was more prone to developing the disease. Anyone who had an O type was doubly lucky because the O blood type means the total absence of ANY markers, A or B, meaning that their bodys’ immune system would react quickly and violently against the invaders, while someone with an A may show symptoms and recover more slowly, while someone with B would have just died. Because O is a recessive blood type, it shows in higher numbers when more people who carry the recessive genes marry other people who also carry the recessive gene. Poland, which has a nearly 700 year history of being conquered by or partnering with every other nation in the surrounding area, was primarily an agricultural country, focused around smaller, farming communities where people were legally tied to, and required to work, “their” land, and so historically never “spread” their genes across a large area. The economy was, and had been, unstable for a very long period of time leading up to the plague, the government had been ineffective and had very little reach in comparison to the armies of the other countries around for a very very long time, and so its people largely remained in small communities where multiple generations of cross-familial inbreeding could have allowed for this more recessive gene to show up more frequently. Thus, there could be a higher percentage of O blood types in any region of the country, guaranteeing less spread of the illness and moving slower when it did manage to travel. Combine this with the fact that there were very few large, urban centers where the disease would thrive, and with the above facts, and you’ve got a lovely recipe for avoiding the plague.
Interestingly enough, as a result from the plague, the entirety of Europe now has a higher percentage of people with O blood type than any other region of the world.
WHY IS THIS ALL SO COOL
When Tumblr teaches you more about the plague than 12 years of school ever did.
Just to throw a nod in, as a medieval historian, this is all credible, and is the leading theory as to the plagues effectiveness at this point. So. Enjoy your new knowledge!
how come we never learned this is school?